the art of
about the artist
As a multimedia artist, Nowicka-Wright have had a rewarding career in fine arts encompassing international awards and works in public and private collections, before she joined the corporate world of retail advertising, and recently academia - channeling her passion for creative and intellectual inquiry through variety of artistic fields. Yvonne holds a Master of Art degree in contemporary art, design and new media art histories, and a Bachelor of Fine Arts in painting and drawing. In 2014, Yvonne published a book on architecture Seduced by Form: Aesthetics of Spectacle in Contemporary Art Museum Architecture available globally through Lambert Academic Publishing (LAP), Amazon.com and other online international bookstores. Currently the artist owns and operates an artist's studio and art gallery, Studio YNW in Jim Thorpe, PA, which primarily showcases her own works.
Education and Training:
- Master of Art (M.A.)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.)
- Certificate in Pre-Press Computer Graphics
- Certificate in Computer Graphics & Desktop Publishing
- Private lessons in classical signing (Bel Canto Italiano), mezzo soprano
- Classical ballet (two years)
- Nowicka-Wright, Yvonne. Seduced by Form: Aesthetics of Spectacle in Contemporary Art Museum Architecture. Saarbrücken: Lambert Academic Publishing (LAP), 2014. Book available worldwide Amazon.com
- Nowicka-Wright, Yvonne. "Hall Foster: The Art-Architecture Complex." Public-Prime Mover 23.46 (Fall 2012): 177-179. Toronto: Public Access publisher.
Scholarships & Awards:
- Second place in Category 2: Photography, for landscape "Niagara Falls in Winter" - Annual Art & Photography Exhibit.
The Concourse Club of Palmerton. Palmerton, PA
- Third Place in Category 2: Photography, for nature macro-photography "The Launch Pad " - Annual Art & Photography Exhibit. The Concourse Club of Palmerton. Palmerton, PA
- The President’s Scholarship - for the top applicant to the Contemporary Art, Design and New Media Art Histories graduate program. Ontario Collage of Art and Design University (OCAD University), Toronto. Awarded for two consecutive years.
- The Eric Freifeld Award - Awarded for the Excellence in Figure Draughtsmanship. OCAD University (formally OCA)
- Honourable Mention for miniature painting “Sophie”- 15th International Miniature Art Competition. Montana Miniature Art Society (MMAS). Billings, MT.
- President’s Award for miniature painting “Fear Not” - 10th International Miniature Art Competition. MMAS. Billings, MT.
- Castle Gallery Award for miniature painting “Her Little Secret” - 8th Int. Miniature Art Competition. MMAS. Billings, MT.
- Kay Klein's Choice for miniature painting “Self-portrait in a Ruff” - 7th Int. Miniature Art Competition. MMAS. Billings, MT.
- Migration Award for miniature painting “Self-portrait in a Ruff” - 7th Int. Miniature Art Competition. MMAS. Billings, MT.
- Painting Shortlisted
- That Fleeting Moment Captured" was shortlisted to 4,000 semi-finalists (out of 12,000 applicants) by the prestigious Royal Academy of Arts (RA) - The Annual 246th International Summer Exhibition. London. UK.
- Miniature painting chosen for a front cover
- "Her Little Secret", acrylic on panel, was chosen for the front cover of the official invitation to the 8th Annual International Miniature Show organized by the Montana Miniature Art Society in Billings.
Lithographs Auctioned off
- "Allegory of Woman," hand pulled off limestone and printed on paper, was auctioned off for Fazeli Films Inc., as part of their fundraising efforts to finance the documentary film about Phoolan Devi, a.k.a. India's ‘Bandit Queen,’ whose adventurous life brought her international notoriety.
- "Strip" and "The X’s," both hand pulled off limestone block and printed on paper, were auctioned off during the 4th Annual Art & Antique Auction in support of the public television in Northeast and Northcentral Pennsylvania - Channel 44 (WVIA TV44).
Works in Public Collections:
- Consulate General of the Republic of Poland. Toronto, Canada
- Raszel Castle Museum. Raszel-Elblong, Poland
- Zacheta National Gallery. Warsaw, Poland
- The Regional Historical Museum. Siedlce, Poland
- The Archdiocese Museum. Warsaw, Poland
- Cultural and Arts Centre. Kalisz, Poland
- Bibliothèque Nationale. Paris, France
- Digital Archive Collection. OCAD University. Toronto, Canada
- Women's Art Association of Canada. Library. Toronto, Canada (book)
- Deutsche National Bibliotek, Leipzig/Frankfurt am Main. Germany (book)
- Libreria Universitaria Padua, Italy (book)
- Dimmick Memorial Library, Jim Thorpe, PA. USA. (book)
Present and Past Affiliations:
- Studio YNW - artists studio and gallery
- Arts & Humanities Website - ArtDimensions Studio
- Jim Thorpe Tourism Agency. PA.
- Fine Art America - World's largest online art marketplace and print-on-demand technology company.
- Pixels.com - Online art marketplace
- Society6A International Creative Network for artists and products. Online art marketplace and print-on-demand company.
- Women's Art Association of Canada (WAAC). Toronto, ON. Artist's page.
- Mauch Chunk Historical Society. Jim Thorpe, PA.
- Camera Club. Palmerton, PA.
- Montana Miniature Art Society. Billings, MT
- Miniature Art. Santa Cruz, NM
- Art Gallery of Ontario.
- Royal Ontario Museum.
- Founder and owner of the artist's studio and art gallery Studio YNW. Jim Thorpe, PA.
- Founder of ArtDimensions Studio. Internationally Trademarked in 2017 - Art takes many forms®...It inspires, decorates, comforts and communicates... But most importantly, art indulges our senses and enriches our soul.
- Teaching Assistant - Global Visual & Material Culture. OCAD University.
- Senior Creative Pre-Planner. The Hudson's Bay Company (HBC).
- Senior Art Director. Fuel Advertising Inc.
- Art Restorer - (specializing in Oil paintings and egg tempera ikons)
- Photographer (e.g., LIGHT - Journal of Photography and Poetry; Sketch Magazine; Home Page Contemporay Art Design & New Media Graduate Program)
- Fashion Illustrator and Graphic designer
- Art Consultant. European and Canadian Contemporary Art Ltd. (ECCA Ltd.)
- Curator at Stone Row Gallery. Jim Thorpe, PA
- Internship/Assistant to Set and Costume Designer. Polish Television Network (TVP S.A.,) Warsaw, Poland
- Extra in theatre productions (e. g., Shakespeare's "Henry IV")
- Art Teacher/Tutor